September 4-7, 2018
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Immerse yourself in a truly Southern Charm experience!
Enjoy a safe patient handling conference that is full of innovation, brand new presentations, and a unique vendor experience like you have never seen before. Held every 2 years, this conference will not be back in North America for at least 6 years, so join us for this original educational event and leave reinvigorated to rise to the challenge of SPHM!
If you are interested in attending a conference that provides you with practical solutions to your most common and not so common safe patient handling & mobility challenges in an environment that marries the theory with immediate practical application, then this is the conference for you! No need to spend time and money on pre- and post-conferences as it is all included. If you enjoy being part of something new, then this is the conference for you! Come and join us if you are a SPHM program leader, unit peer leader, nurse, OT, PT, physician, risk manager, nurse or therapy manager, patient safety officer, CNO, occupational health nurse, lift team tech, educator, researcher, consultant, or just want to dip your toe into SPHM. You are all welcome.
The 1st International Safe Patient Handling & Mobility (SPHM) Conference and Expo aims to facilitate global thinking and networking while sharing new and exciting approaches for addressing shared SPHM concerns.
Following attendance at this conference the participant will:
- Have a catalogue of practical solutions to address basic and complex SPHM challenges in a variety of clinical settings
- Understand that assessing competency on the safe use of equipment is more than a skills checklist
- Recognize the global SPHM challenges faced across the continuum of patient care
- Understand the importance of a collaborative approach in a multidisciplinary SPHM environment
- Recognize the gaps in their SPHM skill set and identify their personal growth needs as a SPHM advocate/leader
Contact Hours: TBD
Contact hours will be awarded to nurses and therapists.
Cost is $695 until June 15, 2018. Cost is $750 from June 16, 2018.