Are you a first time author?
Do you have an idea for an article for the IJSPHM but don’t know where to start?
Do you need guidance on your manuscript before you submit it for blind peer review?
No author ever forgets the excitement of the first time their first article is published. The IJSPHM is one of very few journals that offers the opportunity for first time authors, and authors who are feeling uncertain of their writing skills, to receive support from a mentor.
What will your mentor do for you?
- Provide telephone and email support
- Review an outline of your article
- Listen to your ideas and provide general feedback and guidance
- Let you know when they feel your article is ready to be submitted for blind peer review
What your mentor will not do for you:
- Write any part of your article
- Review your article once it has been submitted for blind review
- Provide advice on methodology or make any conclusions from data
- Review raw data and analyze it
Before you contact the journal for mentoring support, please make sure you read the guidance for authors. It may answer some of the questions you have and/or prepare you for your first meeting with your mentor.
If you are interested in receiving mentor support please provide a very brief outline of the article you are writing/wanting to write (no more than 200 words) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject MENTORING. You will be contacted within 7 days.